With Halloween a few short days away, here are some helpful tips and tricks to keep our Presby Kids safe and have fun!
– Plan costumes that are bright and reflective. Carry along flashlights or glow sticks so that you are easily visible.
– Trick or treat in larger groups and stay on well-lit streets. Walk along sidewalks and if you must go in the street, go against traffic. Never assume you have the right of way.
– Avoid accessories such as swords, canes, and walking sticks that could be used as a weapon or could potentially hurt your child if they tripped.
– Wear comfy shoes and clothing that fits properly to prevent tripping, entanglement, or contact with flame.
– If carving pumpkins, do not allow a child to do so. Give them a marker to draw on the pumpkin and let an adult do the carving instead.
– Consider lighting your pumpkins with flameless candles.
– Restrain your pets at home and keep them comfortable while trick-or-treaters ring the doorbell.
– Help trick-or-treaters by ensuring your home is well-lit, and that there are no tripping hazards leading to your porch.
– Avoid the sugar rush! – Give your child a big meal before trick or treating to discourage them from filling up on candy.
– Consider the Switch Witch – who magically replaces your child’s candy with a toy while they sleep.
– Always read labels and examine candy. Anything that is not wrapped or looks suspicious should be thrown away. Children with allergies should be exceptionally mindful of avoiding their allergens and should trick-or-treat using a teal bucket, as this lets homeowners know they have an allergy.
– Always ensure small candies are kept away from young children. Never assume your child can handle eating something exceptionally small or chewy.
– Lastly, have a spooktacular time while out and about in Fairfield!