Tuesday & Thursday, 9:00 am – 12 Noon.
Tuesday & Thursday & Friday 9:00 am –12 Noon
Extended Day Options are available.
Children may enroll on or after they reach 32 months, and must be actively toilet-training.
3-Year-Old Curriculum Overview
Supporting emerging social and academic skills in a nurturing environment is the focus of our 3-year-old program. Children engage in a daily whole group learning time, small group activities, and self-guided play as they learn about routines of school. Hands-on experiences are a focus of the curriculum because we know that children learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process. Children are introduced to basic concepts including colors, letters and number recognition in age appropriate ways. Our well-rounded curriculum is enhanced by music, field and in-house trips and gross motor skill development. Classroom student-teacher ratio is 1 teacher to 10 children with additional support staff.
Goals of our 3-year-old program:
Social Skills, Self Help & School Routines
- Separate from parents or caregivers easily
- Work and play well with classmates
- Use words to solve problems with adult guidance
- Transition from one activity to another easily
- Listen respectfully and take turns speaking
- Follow 1-2 step directions
- Identify numbers 0-5
- Use words to rote count from 1-10
- Identify colors (red, yellow, blue, green, orange and purple)
- Sort objects by one attribute (color or shape)
- Count up to 5 items
- Identify common shapes (circle, square, triangle, rectangle, star & diamond)
- Use language to communicate wants and needs
- Use language to describe drawings, paintings, and other creations
- Share short stories or describe objects during circle time and other group activites
- Name and describe common objects
- Repeat familiar finger plays and songs
- Display proper book handling skills
- Identify the letters in own name
Fine Motor Skills
- Display proper grip when using crayons or markers
- Handle scissors appropriately